An Aquabike is a swim/bike event only. Athletes will follow the same course as Half IronFest, but will finish as they enter transition for the second time. Official time will include the swim course, transition 1, and the bike course. To start the athletes will have to run from swim finish (beach) to bike transition (roughly 300m run/walk). To finish the athlete will cross the finish line which would be around 100m run/walk from bike transition.
Why do an Aquabike?
1. New to the sport - an Aquabike is a fantastic introduction to triathlon. Get a feel for the Half IronFest distance, swimming/riding on course with a group, and transitioning between disciplines.
2. Training - Here is a chance for one more go in a "real life" setting before you take on the big one!
3. Low Impact - Swimming and cycling are both low-impact sports, making them more accessible disciplines to many. If you are unable, or dislike, to run this is the perfect event for you!
Every Aquabike athlete will receive a race kit, shirt, and finisher medal. Awards will be for the top 3 men and top 3 women over all.
All prices are in AUD Australian Dollars
* All TA memberships must be valid at the time of check in.
* Individual NON Triathlon Australia Members must pay the one day license fee on top of individual entry fee price.
* If 1 or more team member is NOT a Triathlon Australia Member, the team must pay the one day license fee on top of the Team entry fee price.
Every athlete is required to hold a valid membership to Triathlon Australia or any other National Triathlon Federation in order to participate in the event.
Annual Members – If you hold a valid annual membership to Triathlon Australia for the 2017/2018 season please ensure you enter your membership number at the time of entry. Please note Triathlon Australia Memberships will need to be renewed for the 2017/18 season prior to the event.
One Day Members (ODM) – Athletes requiring an ODM will be required to purchase a ODM at the time of entry.
International Athletes – If you are a member of a different National Triathlon Federation recognised by the ITU then you are NOT required to be a member of Triathlon Australia, however you MUST bring proof of your membership at the time of Athlete Check-In.